Shahrazad Dance Ensemble is available for parties, weddings, festivals, corporate events, and shows. Our performance can be customized to fit your space and your budget. Please contact us!
- April 29: We perform at King County Library Burien in the World Dance Party from 2:00 to 3:00 pm. We’ll demonstrate khalegy (Gulf) dance, and then teach some movements and dance with everyone!
- May 5: We perform at Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Church ar the “1001 Nights – Tales of the Middle East” epic storytelling event produced by the Seattle Storytellers Guild and Arabfestivalwa.org. Click this link to see the event flyer. We will perform dances from Egypt and khalegy (Gulf) dance at the Saturday night storytelling session between 6:45 and 8:30.
- May 27: We perform in the Middle Eastern Folkloric Showcase at the 47th Annual Northwest Folklife Festival. The show runs 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the Exhibition Hall at Seattle Center.
- March 11: We performed at the Cultural Crossroads Festival in Bellevue, WA.
- February 10: We performed at Hasani’s Hafla in Tacoma, WA.
- January 27: We performed Gulf dance and Egyptian folkloric dance at Seattle University International Student’s Dinner.
- Jan. 20, 2018: We performed at Katrina Ji’s Culture Shakti Studio 10th Anniversary hafla.
- We performed dances from Egypt at a Senior Living Center in Mill Creek and in the Northgate area on Thursday, October 16, as part of their cultural programming.
- We performed at the Halloween Hafla at Lake Forest Park Third Place Commons, on Oct. 28.
- July 16: It was the 30th and FINAL Mediterranean Fantasy Festival, a West Seattle festival for belly dancers. We presented the final performance of our 30 appearances at “MedFest” with two dances from our classic repertoire and our new Saidi cane dance.
- July 15: We performed Gulf, Egyptian folkloric, and North African dances at the Arab Festival at Seattle Center.
- June 3: We were among a slate of fabulous dancers at Amira’s Spectacular Showcase,
- May 27: We performed in the Arab Music & Dance Showcase at Northwest Folklife Festival at Seattle Center!
- May 13: We performed a revival of our classic “Fan Dance” to music by Rajah, at the Springtide Hafla at Lake Forest Park, produced by Silk Rain: A Dance Company.
- March 12, 2017: We performed folkloric dances of Egypt and the Gulf at the Crossroads Ethnic Festival at Crossroads Shopping Center in Bellevue, WA.